Before I start to write whats the story about this post, all readers please be advised that I am totally not a racism nor criticism of the people that I am going to talk about. Because the main characters that I am going to talk about are CINA !! You know...Cina from China !!
As most of you know that I am Cina/Chinese too so there is no way that I am being a racism or criticising these people who are "sort of" same as ME !
Within just shortly the last 4 days there were 2 incidents that really heated me that I have to spit it out otherwise the uncomfortable feeling that staying right up on the chest would not go away. Whats that about?????? Well these 2 incidents that heated me were caused by CINA !! I am sorry I have to say BLOODY CINA !
Incident #1 22 Feb 09 Sunday @ Pancakes on the Rocks
Last Sunday me and my husband and my son Adam went to have some desserts at The Rocks in a nice evening. To those who have been there to this restaurant would know that its always busy there. Especially on the weekend the Q would be long enough that you would not know where is the end of the Q. So as usual I was standing at the Q and the Q was not so long. It was about 6 to 8 steps away from the entrance and there were like 8 people infront of me waiting.
The restaurant is in the middle of the building that is 3 levels building which means if you come out from the restaurant if you turn left you are going upstairs where there is an exist. If you turn right then you will be heading downstairs where there is also an exist. Therefore the restaurant is basically in between of the steps and there is a small area at the entrance door that normally the Q starts of and between the steps there is a walk way leading to the restaurant or other shops on that level.
The Q was up to the walk way and I was just standing at the first step of the stairs that heading upstairs. Obviously no matter I stand at the upstair or downstair I am not outside the Q at all. I was just right behind the last person.
After 5 minute waiting a cina couple came standing right next to me and wondering there. From the way they look I assumed they are tourists. The guy asked the girl stand there first which was just right beside me and he walked inside the restaurant to have a look. They speak Cantonese. When the guy came out he told her that have to Q. So both of them looked left and look right and mumbling where to Q but decided just stand next to me not behind me.
The Q moved forward as some of the people have gone inside the restaurant. I did not move but stayed at where I stood reason being it was not a big moving forward and the person who infront of me just about 3 steps away from me after he slightly moved in. Secondly if I also moved in then I will be ended up standing in the middle of the walk way where there are people non stop walking by. If you are smart you never stand at the middle of the walk way. Just after few second the Q moved forward the cina couple straight walked through me and stood right infront of me to fill the gap that I purposely left for people to walk!
I waited to see if they were actually realised that I was standing there and would they ask me if I am in the Q. Waited..waited...nop..nothing. Alright I am no angel this time! So I said to them gently "Sorry I am behind this gentleman" in English. If I spoke Cantonese with them they may thought I over heard what they were talking. So I ditched my cantonese.
Then the girl seemed like translate what I have just said to the guy and they moved back. The girl seemed not happy and said in cantonese with the guy " if shes infront of us she should stand here -->( pointing at the walk way) but shes standing there." Because I heard what she said so I explained to them in CANTONESE and said nicely " The reason I stand here is because this is walk way and I do not want to block people who are walking pass here". The girl was shock.. I mean really shock because her eyes were big and her face could tell that she was really shock to find that me speaking cantonese to her !! THen the guy replied back to me with cantonese " how do we know you think like this." To be honest if I am one kind like them I sure shoot them back 9 9 but I choosed to ignore them and pretended I did not hear him.
How dare that he still had to say somemore? If I was him I would just say ohh sorry we did not realise. In the first place are they blind? What do they think that I was standing there? Waiting for the sky to fall? If they were not sure if I was in the Q they should just open their bloody mouth to ask rather to judge !!! Just because I could tell they are tourists so I ignored and let it be. And perhaps their culture is not used to ASK ! or they are "fatt gai mang" cannot see me such a big person standing there just like them??????? Moreover are they dumb or what? which part of me doesn't look like Cina? Even though they may not be able to tell if I am chinese, malaysian, korean, japanese, or whatever, at least I am ASIAN obviously and they just spoke about me why I wasn't standing here or there bla bla bla in cantonese. Please any asian who speaks English doesn't mean cannot speak any other language !!
Never speak your language infront of someone just like you when you want to comment something that he/she shouldn't hear! Just like an old friend of mine at Malaysia talking about the indian taxi driver and she used "gek ling lou" and instantly that driver shut her up and asked her to respect any nation!
Incident #2 25 Feb 09 Wednesday @ Woolworth Supermarket
Believe it or not this incident happened while I was in the BLOODY Q again ~ ~~~~~~ I was waiting at the Fastlane Cashier to pay my shopping. The fastlane has 2 cashiers there and both were serving customers while I was the 2nd one waiting in the Q. Infront of me is a man who has a broken leg with "tongkat" to support and another hand with a basket of his shopping. The customer at the first cashier is nearly finished they check out and same as the second cashier. The man who infront of me like I just mentioned has a broken leg with a tongkat to support, and another hand with a basket of shopping and at the same time he is talking on the mobile phone with his shoulder to hold the mobile to againts to his ear. Basically he is not stable so he walked near to the first cashier counter and rest the basket there so I was not sure if he will be waiting for this first cashier or just resting there to wait for next available cashier.
Suddenly the second cashier called out "Next please" and she looked at me. I had a second to look at that man if he would move to the cashier who just called out. He seemed not aware of the call and he still on the phone so he did not seem to move so I decided to go to the cashier. As soon as I stepped out one step the cina man and cina lady behind me just walked through me AGAIN towards the cashier and did his check out. I was shocked ( this time I shocked) and looked at them to see if they realise there was someone infront of them??????? What?? Am I invisible or what????? The cashier looked at me and smiled because she knew the old cina couple just jumped my Q. I looked at them and they seem not to realise something wrong its like I was totally invisible to them !!! Just because they are old and its really not a big deal so I did not tell them that its my turn first.
To be honest I sometimes really do not like Chinese especially those from the main land. I do not say this now because of these recent incidents. It was always in my back of my head. The reason I do not like them is because their attitude!! They are really unbelievable....ermm...most of the time !! And now I know next time when I am in the Q if the person behind me is chinese I must be ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
hm....some Malaysian also does so. So you have to "remind them" politely (as we r educated), "hey sorry the Q start from there (point to the end), I am the next". I always do that, sorry to say that I cannot tolerate these peoples. There is a Chinese proverb said that "face is given by ownself"
Post a Comment