Dec 23, 2008

Merry Christmas to you !

I just like to wish all readers a merry christmas and a very happy new year. Wishing you and your family have a joyful and festive season!
It is the time of the year again for the biggest celebration. Some chose to have a quiet and relaxing getaway holiday, and some would have to do a big feast and invite loved one to come over for a massive eat and drink party! Either one will be the great idea for celebration.
Whats the pre-christmas activity would be? SHOPPING and SHOPPING. I have been to the shopping everyday since a week ago. Not only once a day but sometimes can be morning and night time too because shopping centre opens until midnight since last week. People are so busy to do the shopping and it seems like it is an endless job.
Whats christmas activity? BBQ, Eat, drink, exchange presents, hangout with friends and family. This day is a very special day that you just want to spend it with the most loved one especially your family and closed friends. Also this day can be really chaos and tiring day due to the preparation of the party if you are having one. But its all good eventually. Its worth it.
Whats post-christmas activity? Guess what shopping again !! Because this is BOXING DAY !! People are checking which shopping centre opens and what time will open. People are also planning which to go and what time to go. To shop on the boxing day is totally packed and mad! You gotta be ready for it alternatively get up before sunrise and wait infront of the door before the shopping centre is even yet to open. Hmm... I am thinking to do this as I heard the news the the city shopping centre will open from 5am.
All these activities are seem unchangeable over the years. There seem to be a typical way of spending the time during this time around which I thought pretty FUN !
What am I going to do this year? 24th is the day I do my last shopping for the FOOD. Then of course preparation because I do not like to do everything on the day of the event. Early preparation gives you more relaxation and more organized. Then 24th night I will be going to a family home for Xmas even dinner with my mum. Lucky I do not need to prepare for any food on this occasion. And also lucky that mum will help me to take Adam for a night and bring him back to me on 25th when they are coming for the Xmas party.
25th will be my cooking day. I chosed to do more BAKING rather than frying which more easier especially you are going to serve 20 people. 20 people were invited !!!! Ohhh geee...my mum asked me a question " are you able to handle it"? You know why she asked me this questions coz majority of them are invited by my mum... not me ! Anway it is fine and I am so looking forward to it. But we set a rule that no more than 10 people stay at the balcony at a time. Mum worries that it may collapse. Haha..sometimes shes funny but guess what we gotta caution because it happened few times in the past few months.
Whats on the menu on 25th??
- Baked layered of eggplant, potatoes and saucy mince sauce (my first attempt on this day)
- Baked drumstick with potato and home made tomato sauce
- Deep fried salt n pepper squid
- Grilled lamb chop or cutlets ( love it as I just had it today)
- Stuffed tofu pop with mixed vegetables and chicken
- Massive bowl of green salad
- Creamy mixed salad of apple, potatoes, boiled egg, celery, red kidney beans, carrot, and peas
- Baked lemon yogurt cake
- Baked banana cake
Well I guess thats it and I hope it is enough for 20 people because all these people are food lover.
And I am sure I will be busy looking after my friend's daughter who is such a cutey.
Last but not the least, while I am enjoying the chaos and fun these days I will think of you and my thought will be hoping you and your family have a safe holiday and the new year will bring you more happiness!

No comments: