I found that guys are getting more desperate than girls to get married. Especially to those who wanna have kids, and want to settle down after years of "wild outing". And especially at his 30s, as that's our norm. Guys might thought marriage is what girls always looking for.
However, I think, as I stand at my own point of view, girls at 30s are looking for longer and more stable terms. what are the considerations? why think so much?
At least you have to know who he is, what is he doing, who are his family members? Like what I mentioned before. A marriage is not 2 persons thing, it's 2 families things. It's true that people change. Even you know who is he today, you would not know who he is tomorrow. Well, still you know the "base". Who is he now? When he changed, it's under certain acceptable, or manageable extend. What if, you don't even know what is he doing?
The how does this lead to do some other plans? Family planning, career planning, financial planning for retirement (IMPORTANT :P), which make you to roughly estimate, and foresee what kind of life you would have later. Then evaluate, is that what you want? Is that what you expect? If yes, go ahead, if not.....then step back and see, whether any possibility to rectify, or any possibility to improve. If really can't ......step back again, open up the eyes.
Then what is his lifestyle and habit? That is inter-related to have some common activities later. Then the habit could affect health condition that influence the lifespan. I would prefer healthier one to stay longer with me, or stay longer than me.
Love is blind, which is true. But still we need to be conscious. Love VS reality is painful, but we have to get the balance out of it. Else, when the cooling period come, love is not there anymore. What else can support the couple or two families to continue for the life time? And many more issues besides love that both need to cover......
Not that I am over thought of it. It's just the reality that I think we cannot avoid. If you really cannot get the reality check and just get married, then why get married? The rush will cause the trouble for life time.
7 comments:
love is important but it will be more than love as the years go on. its more on tolerancy and mutual understanding / respect for each other.
humans being humans (not an excuse tho) will tend to react differently as years go by too. just have to accept and learn to adjust to the person's life which should vice versa too
Yeap! I totally agree with you Johnny.
LOVE is not the "EVERYTHING" anymore after married. LOVE would still be the base/foundation...but after that..there are many matters which are more important...
To further my last comment...LOVE cannot solve financial problem, LOVE cannot solve health problem, but LOVE can solve birth problem..:P
I strongly agree that :)
Love this article you wrote. It's really a good one to tell people what marriage meant and what it takes. A lot of things has to be considered. Marriage is not really about concluding love anymore. It's also a "merge" of lifestyle, families, habits etc. Let alone living together! A lot of sacrifice needs to be made. So don't simple marry when you are not ready. Will not do good for both of you!
Adrian,....I love the phrase "let alone living together" it sound so right!!!
And yeah if not ready don go for it...
Post a Comment