Nov 22, 2008

Dinner at Shan's Place

I was invited to Shan Shan house for dinner. We knew each other for almost 18 years, this is the first time I am there for dinner. She always told me how good is her mom cooking, and finally :P I have a chance ..... :P hehe....

Her mom cooking is really detail. from own recipe of sauce (chili, and soya...sorry I forgot to take pic, as I was too hungry), and below dishes, as well as soup (which I forgot to take again).

It's Ikan Bilis fried with pork fats (zhu yao zha), and green pepper, with some Asam. This dish is really good!!!!!!!! I can't describe it with words. I will try to cook it for my family to try. And I will do some variation, to use tofu to replace some of the pork fats.
Tau geh.......it's been long time my mom doesn't cook this. I wonder why. if there is some salty fish....I bet it could be very good :P
Steam "running ground chicken" (Kampung chicken). The chicken was very fresh, and tender. Therefore, it's silky smooth.

It's a planned dinner that we wanna try whether we have the capacity to drink a bottle of wine, instea of to share everytime. So, we started to drink from dinner. After dinner, we watched Astro on Demand to finish the bottle. After first bottle, I took a break to toilet. I wanted to faint (real one), as I wasn't feeling well. I went to Shan's room attached toilet. I told her sis, "can you pls get your sis? I wanna faint". She didn't believe it as first, but i already lay down on the floor to seek for help. I was then enter to toilet to vomit....Felt better after that..

I then overnight there instead of come home.....I could actually continue second bottle...
but we were too tired. Sleep early lar!

No comments: