May 16, 2007

like shrimp

We always hear Penang peoples say,
"yoo...like shrimp".

1. when do you use it?
when you do not satisfy with the result. It's not up to your expectation.

2. How do you use it?
You use it in front of the sentence. Say, " hey it's like shrimp. I thought it suppose to be better."
Next example is, when you order fish fillet at restaurant, but when the waitress serve you, she brought you a plate of Chicken. So, you may say, "hey it's like shrimp. I ordered fish fillet, not chicken. " or you may say " it's like shrimp. I want to eat fish fillet, not chicken".

3. Ways to use it...
if the waitress is a Malay, then you might want to say "yoo, macam udang. Wa mau ikan bukan ayam" or "macam udang, wa nak makan ikan bukan ayam".
if the waitress is Cantonese, then you may translate into Cantonese .....

4. Do not use, when...
If you need to present in more professional way, you are not encouraged to use this.

No comments: