Jun 7, 2008

Cold Room

I am in Penang this weekend. My grandma admit to the hospital, in ICU since Wednesday. Therefore, my family travel to Penang to see grandma.

We can't see my grandma together due to she is in ICU. So we go in two by two. Mom and dad went in first, and we were waiting outside.

There were peoples there. Two of the aunties were chatting in Hokkien. One of them said "mah mah had her operation last night. After the operation, she was sent to the cold room right away (* She was pointing the ICU direction). " My brother looked at me right away, and we were laughing silently!

Cold room?? ICU is different from "cold room". In Hokkien, cold room is somewhere nurse store dead peoples before the family to collect the body (Sorry I do not know the term)!!!!

We were speechless, want to tell them that, "Come on!!! It's not cold room, it's ICU!! I know, it's cold due to the lowest temperature of air-condition to keep the equipments running. But.....Cold Room?!?!?!?"

Choy Choy Choy!!! Our grandma is inside!! Please do not simply say that!!!


Then we went to my aunt apartment. She showed us grandma's letter (grandma can't really talk, but she can still write very well). Grandma complaint that Aliyah, and the Inn (Another of her maid) were bullying her, beat her, and a lot more. Now I believe that the C*Bai Aliyah is really a good actress! She really C*BAI, DARE HER BULLIED MY GRANDMA!!!

1 comment:

Va:L said...

I got the word. The cold room that Hokkien refer to is so call Mortuaries. It's where "A place, especially a funeral home, where dead bodies are kept before burial or cremation." (Source from dictionary.com)