Jun 1, 2008

Natural Disaster

As we all are aware that recently there were two massive natural disaster happened at Burma and China. I believe I do not need to bring up the whole story because such a massive one the whole world should know about it.


But one thing I would really love to share with you guys and would like to hear your opinions about it. A friend of mine from China who is living in Sydney told me that she has been watching China News through the net almost every night until mid night just to see what has happened to eath quake and any updates.


She said there is this program is only about the Earth Quake at China. Interviewed injured victims or families. There were 2 stories that really caught my heart.


1) A new born baby girl was found alive next to the parents. What they have found also that next to the baby is a mobile phone. With that mobile phone on the screen it was showing a message typed in Chinese, but translated as " If you are lucky enough to be alive and picked up by someone, please remember I loved you. Mum.". It was said that this message was type by the mother while she and her husband were struggling to get out but was stucked under huge stones and eventually they both are dead


It was just a simple sentence but it touched my heart and I felt the pain. After I heard this I was speechless for awhile and alot of things going through my mind. I thought of the baby. I thought of the parents especially the mother, how did she feel at the time typing the message. I became really moody that day and couldn't help myself thinking about this. How sad it is.


My friend said it is better to let the baby die rather than to let her survive because she will no longer grow up as a normal person with bio family. But in my opinion for this instant, it is ok to let her survive because as we said shes still young, she wouldn't know or feel what had happened. Perhaps she will be adopted by a good family and she will live as a normal kid. Maybe..one day when she grown up she will be told the truth. But at least she would not remember what have happened in the past. I guess she will be fine.


2) A young girl about 15 years old was stuck and couldn't get out. Her family members are all dead. People are trying to get her out but failed. The rescurers told her the ONLY WAY to get her out was to cut off her both legs. She was strongly refused and begging them to let her die. But as her uncle was there he demanded them to cut her legs and rescue her. She really din't want to do it at all and she wished to die. But uncle forced her and rescurer to cut off her legs.
Yes she is survive but her legs are gone, families are gone.


My friend and I both agreed that should let her die for many reasons. It is sad for her to live the rest of her life with no family and no legs. Moreover, the disaster scenes and the strong pain will forever stay inside her. Whats she gonna do? The thing is she really didn't want to have her legs ampulated. She really didn't want to live but the uncle made her to live and her life will no longer the same. I feel that she will not be happy for the rest of her life. If I was her I will chose to die.


Since the disaster happened at Burma and China, the population of both countries added up has decreased by almost half a million. We are talking MILLIONS here, not thousands. People lost home, no food, no water and wonder what and where will they lead to in the future.


I guess at this stage we are all very sure that we are so much luckier than those victims. So so so much that we actually can give our hands to help. So guys, do you think your life is bad? Do you think the god is not treating you fair enough? Do you always complain of your life not as good as others? Who is the others that you compare with?


So far I think god has treated us very very good. Don't you agree?

1 comment:

Va:L said...

I am looser that dare not watch the program that the station interview those victims.

I do agree with your opinion on both cases! It's really sad, that not a single word can describe. And not even can be described by words.

It's pain that like the world war histories.