Sep 3, 2008

Sick with 井底之蛙

I am tiring with typical Malaysian, who always act so big like knowing a lot. And in fact knowing so little and blow it big. They are like 井底之蛙 and yet laughed at others without using brain.

They knew how to say "use brain lar pls". But they do not know how to make use of their own brain function. They are good in talking, and arguing. Like Adrian said, argue with something unnecessary, which waste of our time.

Did we have a wrong move to study abroad? And did we make a wrong move to broaden our thinking? That made us like alien in our home country.

But no regret that we didn't join the froggie group, who always wanna prove they know more than you. And angry and hostile to you when found you know more than him. In Malaysia, it's called Kiasu.

I really pity these peoples, that hurt themselves and also hurt others mood. Sigh...I pity myself also as I have to work with these peoples.....that really hurt my mood, and waste of my time to explain to these peoples with unnecessarily arguments.

I don want 一般见识........trying to control my EQ, which is pretty high hehe

3 comments:

spaceseeker said...

Yes, I have a lot of those in my workplace too. All is not humble and just act like they know a lot and wanna be smarter than you. The worse part is they would do anything to prove you that you are no smarter than them! (So that's where the argument part comes in).

In a workplace, if you are an oversea grad, you'd better act humble. Because local grads always see oversea grad as arrogant and overly proud of themselves. Again, they would do anything for self-fulfilling prophecies. They want to be able to say that "Ceh, oversea grads, so what? Still not smarter than me!"

Now I wish to work in a company where majority of coworkers are oversea grads!

Regretfully, a lot of Malaysian are like that. They thought they have seen a lot. But the problem is, they have seen (on TV, books and magazine) but they have not experienced it!

MH, don't get angry with these people. Best we can do is ignore them. You are not alone. But luckily there are still people who think and have the same perspective like us :-)

Va:L said...

hehe I know I am not alone jor!! hehe

Thanks Adrian for sharing ler.....it's really gotta be humble. Peoples really jealous if you were smarter than them.

They r just too kiasu that they r looser, and when they do more to cover, you will see the opposite result that, they look even uglier.

spaceseeker said...

Yeah, I recall there is a book call "The Ugly Chinese". Maybe we should start writing a book called "The Ugly Malaysians". haha