Since I read Purple Mushroom's blog about the crabs that she cooked at home I was craving for crabs and wanted to eat crabs desperately.
Its been awhile since the last time I had crabs. I couldn't even remember when, perhaps when I was back in Malaysia.
My mind never stop thinking to eat crabs crabs crabs !!!! I was sooooooooooo desperate. Finally yesterday morning when I woke up I asked Sam to go to chinatown market to do shopping so that I can get fresh seafood and nice vege and fruits.
Of course one of the main reason to go there is to get some nice crabs also. When I walked inside this seafood shop I saw this bucket right at the entrance and those crabs are still moving. And there were some other buckets with mud crabs as well.
I thought mud crab - if only get one is not gonna be enough for both of us coz I really going to eat alot. If we going to get 2 thats gonna be too much.
So I paid more attention to this bucket of crabs that called "guai fei hai" in cantonese. I heard friends told me about this type of crabs that there are nice. I never tried so really tempted to try them. So we decided to get 2 of them and asked the shop to kill and clean for me because definately I have no confidence to do so as never did it before. It was my first time to shop and to buy the crabs on my own. Normally mum did it.
I am glad that the shop had killed, cleaned and chopped the crabs for me. So its all ready to cook. We didn't get home until almost an hour later because we went somewhere else and tried to look for homeware auction place but couldn't find it. I was so worry that the crabs aren't gonna be so fresh anymore in the car.
When we got home we tried to unpacked the bags and put all the fishes, vegetables and fruits to where they should belong. The last thing that I touched was the crabs. I opened the bag and put them into a big bowl. Then I started to cut some ginger, shallots and coriander to make some sauce. When I started to put the crabs on the plate I saw something moving slowly. And I stopped there and looked at those chopped crabs quietly for 1 minute. Guess what, they are still moving !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After being murdered and chopped for more than an hour still can move really unbeliavable. Well one thing i am sure that those crabs are still fresh.
I made a sauce by chopped some fresh shallot, ginger, chilli and coriander. Put them into a bowl. Then chopped some garlic and fry them with oil until golden and pour into the bowl to mix together and add some lemon juice and soya sauce.
Sam and I enjoyed the crabs infront of a movie "Italin Job". I had a very very satisfied meal and I was satisfied and fulfilled my crave over the crabs.





3 comments:
LOOKS DELICIOUS!!!
It was indeed !!! But the satisfaction is unbelievable till I totally dont have the desperate to eat crabs anymore. Its like totally killed the desperation.
hehe
hey the salad looks good also
looks very green and healthy
Post a Comment