Jun 11, 2007

12th Jun 2007 - Adam turns 2




Today is Adam's 2nd birthday. And guess what I am taking a day off from work but Adam is at his school. The reason I dont feel like going to work is because i didnt sleep well due to Adam has been sick and kept coughing, that made us sleepless night. I thought I better take care of him at home instead of putting him at childcare. But today is his birthday and a friend of his from childcare also same birthday with him. They both borned in the same hospital and same night. The boy was born an hour before Adam and they both have actually met each other right after the birth. They boy is a fijian, his name is Lipina. He was born at almost 5 kilos and thats why his mum was the loudest one at the labour as she actually scared me to death. Anyway before I knew Lipina is actually in the same childcare, Adam and Lipina have had built a good relationship between themselves as buddy until one day I met his parents at the childcare when we picking our child. We were surprised to see each other and didnt even realise our son's buddy was the little one we met in the Hospital. This morning I went to a cake shop to buy a cake for the childcare to celebrate their birthday, coincidently, I saw Lipina's mum was walking towards to same cake shop and thought to buy a cake as well. I stopped her coz the cake is enough for everyone no need two cakes. So they expecting to celebrate their birthday together with other kids. So I had to leave Adam at there and he always seem alright with kids around to play. Today is my timeoff from EVERYTHING !!! I am tired and sick of alot of things and people.


When I look at Adam he seems so much bigger to me now. I always said it is so hard to be a mother.. especially if you have such a out-of-control son, but today I thought, its actually not as bad as it is. He is 2 years old now..that was quick !


He is not a baby anymore. He is a boy who can play with me, talk to me, tell me something or even joke with me. I cant promise myself not to yell at him at times because constantly I need that to stop him for just a second, but I can promise myself he will have a happy childhood and a good and friendly relationship with his parents that I never had. I can see that my relationship with him has been grown well because no matter how angry i am, how much i yell at him or hit him, he will come to me and kiss me and "sayang" me. That melts my heart away because he still loves me even I have been harsh to him.

2 comments:

Va:L said...

hey hey...i got some of your other pictures. Thank you. Keep us update. I love the picture where you took that Adam sang to sleep.

QQAlice said...

Yeah that was funny isnt it? I was taking his photo for about 5 minutes then only took him to bed.