Mar 13, 2008

Mushroom Day

Last Saturday I went to pick mushroom with my family at somewhere called Oberlon which is abit further up from Blue Mountain. It was a really a great experience going to such place being at somewhere there is out of the city.

I saw very nice house and nice farm along the way. Sometimes you just wish to live in such place. Peaceful and fresh !

Picking mushroom is something really exciting for me especially when I found some really fresh and beautiful one. But then the most attractive mushrooms are those poison one that look like super mario mushrooms. I love them so much. There are so red, so cute and so attractive. And there are in different sizes as well.

The only one that we can eat is the one with orange color. Its really nice to go with butter and garlic and some chilli. After we ate them, our wee wee turned orange color as well for few days.




See the different sizes of those poison but cute mushrooms?



Yes we cooked them straightaway...how fresh !!




One of the poison kind mushroom


Isn't it look like the super mario mushroom?

This one is pretty unique !!


This is the purple mushroom , beautiful !!



What do you think there look like?









This one can be eaten but too big means too old already


Have you seen such cutey mushroom in real life?







Yup this is the one that we can eat





Honestly I didn't really physically pick those mushrooms because there were everywhere on the ground and I was too busy to take photo and left those picking job to them. I have never thought that I will be seeing such amazing creatures. I am glad I went there !

6 comments:

ahnam said...

Alive, wow, what a great family day out. Look at those adorable mushroom, how amazing you can actually see all them in just 1 go.

had read 1 or 2 novel about story happened in blue mountain, but didn't know it can be so darling.

n, the picture which adam with a full basket of mushroom is really nice, he's a very handsome boy neh

QQAlice said...

haha yeah it was really great to go there to see all these unbelievable mushrooms. really i never thought in my life i will see such things especially those super mario mushrooms !! i never thought its really exit in real life!!!!!
Yeah Adam had so much fun in the forest with the busket. he picked quite alot and he learnt very quick which should be picked. But then he always fell down and mushrooms were everywhere on the floor and he stepped on them accidently and of course such a delicated creatures sure all damaged ! We had a good laugh at it because he always kept saying " ohhhhhhhhhh my mushrooms GOT FALL DOWN " !!!

Va:L said...

I have gone through more of your pic in facebook. Really nice!

Can you touch on the poison mushroom??


They are really nice!!! Adam seems like enjoy it very much...heheI I miss him hehe

QQAlice said...

Well I didn't touch those poison one. Im not sure if we can touch them though. I think as long as u are not eating them its fine gua.
Yes they are beautiful. I took heaps photo of them. Yes Adam love it there and non stop running around and looking for mushroom.

Johnny Ong said...

i'm glad u went too as I wldn't have been able to see the various kind of mushrooms on this face of the earth

QQAlice said...

Yes im glad i went also though its a long way and with a notti kid in the car its hard.