You may not know this. Your name may be translated in many different ways in different dialects or languages. For instance, the french surname La Vine may be spelled differently in Canada. It may be called La Vigne. Or it may be called LaVin in the United States.
Same goes to Chinese. The same character can sound differently in many dialects. It depends on which Chinese Tribe you belong to. I am hakka and my Chinese name is Kim Fatt.
If one day you and your friend ran out of conversation and you want him to definitely respond you, you may want to ask him questions like, "Why your name is not Kim Huat instead?". He, of course effortlessly, answer you "because I am not hokkien." Easy? Well, I'm trying to find more of questions like this. Next time, maybe I can ask these kind of questions back to her when running out of conversations.
- A C -
11 comments:
To be frank to the rest, this is a stupid question that asked by Valerie. I think this is a great idea. When you run out of topics, you can ask anything nonsense hahahahhahahaha
Absolutely a good idea for initiating conversation as other would think you as having greatest humour.
I think if the person asked the question unconsciously, the person might not surprise with her own humour. But, she will then find out that, she brings happiness to u...That's her final destination!
Yeah i remember couple of times when i was in highschool or primary school? My chinese name Li Fah which I hardly use it and not many people know it too. Someone has asked me why your name is not Li Wah or Li Huah, why Li Fah?
And I remember I answered that because I am hakka and thats how it sound like in hakka. Hakka likes to use F alot eh??
Hahaha.... another Hakka is here... my chinese name Fei Fekrn (with 2F)....
Kim Fatt, Li Fah, Fei Fekrn... we all like F a lot ya
yeah, we all are f people.. hands up people!
I never thought of Hakka like F a lot. I thought L a lot. I always hear mai Lin ah....Lin Goon ah....Lin Si ah.....all Lin L L L ....! now i know F is applicable...
Aiyaa, hakka mak guy lin also F ler !!!!
yeah looking at the blog title in English you'll also know that Min Hui likes L a lot, not only F
Errmm...wondering does she like to lick alot also??? ^_^
Min hui please advise if there are readers under age or its actually doesnt really matter?
Who like to lick a? I think there is no under age mui mui chai or goh goh chai i think. We r mostly all matured young adult haha....
Post a Comment