Jul 27, 2007

My thought at this moment

Its Friday night and my husband is out to his buddies gathering as usual. Arabs love to gather quite often weekdays and weekends though they are seeing each other almost everyday at work. Adam is asleep and I am glad that I have abit of space for myself.




I just thought of the blog and I feel like I want to type something but i am not sure what should I put as the title as it seems like its gonna be anything from my mind, nothing particular. So I name it as my thought as this moment.




Speaking about my job we got a new lady who just started on Monday as one of my collegue she is going for plastic surgury on September and my manager is going for a long holiday or may not come back to the company. My boss is selling the business. Manager is leaving on August, and my collegue is going for the surgury on September and I am leaving the job on November.



Guess what, my boss only recently decided to hire someone and eventually he got a friend of his who is much more older than us and she is a mother who is coming back to workforce after X years. I was told that she worked as Admin before as well as worked in IT department. We thought waooo not bad, someone who is experienced who can catch up faster. Surprisingly, I got to sit down with her to teach her how to create folders in her computer and her email accounts to save documents and I got explain to her why we are doing this. She managed to lose some emails. Hmm..wondering...someone has worked in IT department but do not really know to create folders???? At this point I can really see the problems that going to be happened to me and to this company after my Manager and the collegue left. We do not have much time and she seems slow because we even need alot of time to teach her how to operate the computer, to use words and excel, let alone to do customer servive and process a loan application. I started to worry. She is an australian borned lebanese, she speaks perfectly well English. Guess what she got herself wrote down on her note how to answer the call " Good morning Austar Financial group, this is Nadwa speaking, how can I help you?" From yetesrday we started to let her to answer the phone calls. Everytime she will ask me do you want me to answer it, I said yes. And she quickly flip through her note book and find the page of how to answer the call, the phone still ringing, our policy is never let the phone rings more than 3 times, the 3rd ring has to pick up. Finally she got the page and picked up the phone and she started to read from her note book : good morning bla bla bla" My collegue and I were speechless. Just because she is our boss's family friend, therefore we not dare to make any negative comments about her and also because we really need someone to replace.




I really wish that my boss could get his loan book sold as soon as possible because I really dont want to work until November. There are 2 interest parties at the moment and negotiating. The deal is acceptable but my boss is just not happy of the payment method of the upfront and installment.



My boss is a tight ass to the extreme point. We used to claim from petty cash when we buy tissues, plastic plates, cups, etc for office use, but he saw us been using those things alot, therefore he told my manager we are no longer allow to claim those shopping from petty cash. Whenver whoever goes out to buy lunch to everyone, we give our money to the person. My boss obviously to give the exactly amount i assume he scares that we will not give him back his change. KIASU !!!!




I really wish to get out of my job as soon as possible but just because I am going holiday in few months time so it is not good to get a new job at the moment.

2 comments:

Va:L said...

ha....ur colleague is giving you a hint....We have to keep improving ourself or else, we will be like your colleague when we grow older. We will be out hor...

QQAlice said...

U know what we just found out that she doesnt really know how to use microsoft officeworks, i really dont know how she can survive in this company. But hey, good news, i guess my boss has sold the business !! But of course it will still take awhile to settle.