Finally I am back in Sydney and settled in a new place that we used 2 weeks to get to rent. It had been like rock n roll for the first couple weeks we arrived back in Sydney. Temporiry staying at my mum's place has its good and bad. Good is that we don't need to pay rent, bad is that we desperated to need our own home. On the same day we arrived at Sydney, after such a long journey flight we still wanted to go out there to hunt for a property. We settled our luggages and Adam with my mum and straightaway we went to our area to look for property.
I never knew looking for a place to rent is such a difficult and frustrating experience. Due to the interest rate non stop increasing several times in each year, people hardly to afford mortgage anymore, therefore they got to sell their property and rent one. In this case, the demand of rental is getting higher but there are not many property for lease.
I have rented twice before this. First time was through private rent. So no hassels at all. Second time I saw the property on the internet, called the agent, booked a time for inspection, I like it, went to his office for paper work and because the agent knows my husband's boss very well, so when we hand in the employment letter, straightaway our rental application is approved. Now, the regulation of rental application has been getting really tough. Not only you have to provide employement details such as payslip and employment, you also need to provide previous tenancy agreement, bank statement, 100 points ID check, etc. They will look at your details and do employment check - which they will call to your work place and confirm you really work there and your income. Secondly with your license they can do credit check to check if you have pending debt to any party or court case. On top of these checks, there are alot of competitions. This is because agents normally will do an open inspection and it could be like 20 people come to see the place, if everyone likes it, and everyone applies it, who knows who will be the lucky one to be picked? First stage have to approve by agent, then agent will bring those approved applications to the landlord to choose. See !!!! how hard it is !!!
Everytime we went for inspection and when we were waiting the agent to arrive, we could see many people waiting outside and we started to count ohh this car must be here for inspection, ohh another car coming, ohh..there again..the more the people come, the less chance we get. Anyway, we have applied 3 before we got this approved. 1 rejected - no problem with our application, just that owner chosed another one. 1 no response. 1 approved.
The one that approved I didn't take it because after I applied i saw this place that I am living now and it was only private inspection and I paid deposit on the day of inspection coz I really like this one. Its new and price is ok. So I told the approved agent that I will have to get back to her and she gave me 1 hour because other tenants need the place also. Straightway I called to this agent that gave me the place I am living and told him I got approved from other one but prefer his one please do something. In 10 minutes his collegue called me and said congratulation !!! Yeahooo !!! I got what I prefered and its the same area that I have been living since I got married.
Though we had to wait one week to move in because previous tenants still in for another week, we were happy to wait. I almost didn't call this agent because on the internet it said that availability date is on 17/2/08 but I arrived Sydney on the 31/1/08 and need to move in asap. I saw this property when I was in Egypt already. After 2 weeks of finding place to rent, I realise its really hard, even the availability date is that long, we still need to try to apply and wait for it. So finally I made a move to call the agent and he showed me the place on the same day. Lucky I have made the move.
Moving time !!!!! I got my stuffs everywhere - my mum's garage, my friend's garage, another friend's garage and some at my brother's home. We borrowed Sam's boss's truck and from 5 30pm we started to pick up things from my friend's garage, then we drove about 20minutes to my another friend's place to pick up, then drive another 15min to my mum's to pick up. When we arrived at our place its around 12am lucky we got two other friends to help us to move the things.
On that night I didn't stop until nearly 4 30am the next day. My body was all ache and couldn't walk properly. I used 3 to 4 days to unpack everything also at the same time we bought some new furnitures and things like that. The most hardest thing to organize is the clothes. I just threw all of them on the floor and organize bit by bit. The new couch that we got is absolutely comfy. I just love to sit there all day long to watch tv.The couch is too big that almost couldn't get through the entrance door. The delivery man needed to take off the doors and get them through. Thank god there are in.



2 comments:
I love the place so much! With your furniture in, it looks even better!!!
Thanks. I love the place also and that is why I am still not willing to look for job. Spend abit of time on my own first with the place. In fact I would like to change the coffee table and tv unit also...but i just realised I have spent alot of money..thats surprised me..so i slow down now. but i think there still look OK. SO just leave it for now.
Post a Comment