Feb 21, 2008

Dummy Speed Trap

I wanted to blog this long time ago, but I didn't have the picture. Finally, my friend sent me one of the blog, who blogged this!!!

It's funny to see the dummy speed trap along the highway during CNY. It's everywhere under the bridge. And the police is a poster! and with blinking yellow/blue light.

It's really scary to see it at night I bet.

I wonder that how many real traffic police were out there that time?

5 comments:

khengsiong said...

Maybe this is meant to be a speed trap warning. It reminds you, "Slow down. Speed traps ahead!"

Shopaholicfern said...

i think this is a cost saving technique..they put one poster there cheaper than putting real cops there.

Va:L said...

hm...and CNY weather is so damn hot ler

Johnny Ong said...

i wld say that it's effective. imagine when u are speeding on the fast lane and then saw a figure just right under a bridge right ahead.

but if u do see a real policeman actually, it's too late to slow down as their speed detector wld have detected yr speed by then

Va:L said...

haha, so it's efficient to keep every driver to slow down. You won't know when is the dummy ones, or when is the real one.

But I think some improvement can be made. Like die-cut the poster. Make it more look like a real piece.