Apr 2, 2008

Tears from a boy

I have told my subordinate that I can't confirm him after his probation period. In fact, I told him 1 month earlier before his probation. He is too careless to take care of the job he is taking, and he wasn't good at his follow up. That make me can't allocate more tasks to him.

So, I talked to him in the room, which just two of us. I am so sad that I have to make such decision, as we are happy working together. But, happy is not everything at work, performance is the core objective.

Therefore, when I saw his eyes turned red, as usual...no matter how sad I see the situation, I do not know how to comfort a person. He asked me, "Am I that bad?" hm....not that bad... as he improved. Just that the improvement is too slow that not up to my expectation. Then he asked, "Can't I stay?" I told him sorry, he can't. "Can I stay for another month?" I really can't take him anymore as I have to explain this to the management since the decision has been made.

Then, I have settled with him with his last day and some talk, he walked out to the office, and I saw him cried. A while later he came back to the office, and adjust the chair lower and continue to cry. I heard he was crying and choking. My goodness. I suddenly felt very headache.

The day after that, as I was very busy and do not have time to plan a farewell with him too. Until yesterday, his last day, I asked another subordinate if they have farewell for him. She told me he didn't answer them, so they didn't do anything.

Then, when the clock reached 5pm. I thought he would leave. But it then reached 6pm, he still in the office. I have to go, and I gotta collect his phone card, lap top and so on from him. So, I had some chit chat with him. I asked if he got a job, tell him what he should improve, as what I told him before. His eyes suddenly with tears again. I really really feel sorry KH.

I also heard that he admires my company's sales manager, Jason. Jason told me KH wrote him an email to say good bye and personally went to talk to him before Jason left office. Then Jacque saw KH cried again, because he 5 seh tak Jason, his idol.

He hand me back everything, and the time I left, my department just left me and him. After I left, I really didn't know what he is doing in the office. He was alone.

I know, I know he 5 seh tak. But I can't gum cheng yong si. I have to take care of their performance to grow the department further, to make sure maximize company's profit. I do not want to waste company resources.

I am sorry KH. I know you are a good boy, you can improve better, and achieve to higher level in your career in the future!

3 comments:

QQAlice said...

It is hard isn't it? Especially when you see him cry like this which means that despite his performance he is such a loyal employee. And this makes ur job harder. How sad. How long has he been working there and how old is he? So now you have to look for a new one to train from the beginning?

Va:L said...

hm...yes, he likes to stay so much. Well loyal can't help at work.

he has been here for 5 months. He is about 23 years old.

Ya loh I gotta train a new one....takes time...

Shopaholicfern said...

so cham .... sob!sob!