Yesterday I was on the phone with Min Hui. I was laughing about her being teased by Gary, a course mate who found out that she can't drink. Well I started to comment that Gary now starts to know her very well and Min Hui disagreed. We were talking about how Min Hui herself is "mysterious" and there are more things in her that she hasn't revealed yet.
Then I suddenly had a proverb for her... 樸朔迷離 (Pu Shuo Mi Li). I struggled to find out how to write out the word. After the help from my colleague this morning, I finally got it (by googling)!
In essence 樸朔迷離 means a person who is mysterious in someway and very hard to grasp at (not breast). You may need to dig here and there in order to figure it out but it tends to slip away when you are close to find it.
At first we were arguing about the second chinese character (shuo). I thought that it's the chinese character for plastic bag.. which makes sense! Because of its semitransparent material, you can semi-hide your face features if you put your head in it. You will certainly look mysterious in "some" way.
We laughed about it.
1 comment:
hey it sound not environmental friendly if use the "Shuo", which means plastic .
ah... I hate to be too transparent! I really hope I could be the "sok" in Mahjoong... at least one "lok lok", one "tiu tiu" with more complexity..depends on how many "sok"...and it sound better...like looking more "sok" (look better)
Post a Comment