Last Friday showed a dish of lamb which seems pretty easy and simple and looked yummy to me. So I decided to give it a go on Saturday as we had invited friends to come over for dinner. Surprisingly it turned out great and everyone loved it because they only concentrated on that dish. They were surpised it was the first time I cooked. Anyway here is the simple reciple.
1) Lamb
I used lamb shoulder which has abit of fat. You can use lamb leg or any lean part. I used 2 kilos of it. Cut into big chunck.
2) Preparation
- marinate the lamb with soya sauce, black pepper and salt
- 1 to 2 cinammon sticks
- peel some lemon skins
- crush some garlic and black pepper ( I leave the garlic skin as it is )
- 2 to 3 onions cut into rings
- 1 fresh chili ( if you like it hot, put more) cut it into half
- A can of chickpeas ( not sure malaysia sells it in cans or not )
- Some baby carrot or normal carrot ( cut into big pieces )
3) Cooking time
- Put some oil when the pan is hot enough
- Put the lamb into the oil to fry abit so it will be crunchy outside
- When all meat is fried both side, add crushed garlic and black pepper, onion rings, lemon skin, cinnamon sticks and chilli.
- Stir them around and add some white wine and chicken stock or water.
- I will add somemore soya sauce and oyster suace
- Let it cook in low heat for about an hour then add the carrots and chickpeas.
- After add the carrot let it have once big boil, then continue to cook it with low heat until the meat is tender and the carrot is soft enough to eat.
- Add some more water or stock when it is getting dry, it depends how much sauce do you like.
- When it is ready, you may add more salt or soya suace for the taste.
It is a very simple recipe but it takes time as the lamb takes long time to cook until tender. The mixture of the lemon skin, cinnamon sticks and the chilli makes the dish taste something different.
5 comments:
ha.....can u cook it for me? please....
i sure will cook for you when you come to visit me in sydney, everyday i can cook something different. i enjoy cooking alot !!
So all you do is just to buy ticket and come to stay at my place...bao eat bao sleep. good deal?
eh so expensive ler the airticket
can u cook for me when u r back in Malaysia? I provide u accommodation if it's weekend and i am home:P
Sure will do Min hui !! Its my pleasure provided you are free for us when Im back there. You such a busy busy sissy !!
Ha...I will try my best honey
Post a Comment