Dec 10, 2007

Could It Be My New Year Resolution

Went to training at APIIT, TPM today and got humiliated.

Raining. Class break. Cigarette addiction. So went to the outside of the building for a quick puff. After a few puffs, an old security guard holding an umbrella. His face expression was ferocious, like a Rottweiler dog. He stood afar, so I thought he was waving and pointing at somebody behind me.

But I looked at him for a moment. And realized that his gaze was transfixed on me. Very ferocious indeed. Like he was going to take his gun and shot me in my head.

I said what's wrong? "Tak boleh hisap rokok sini (cannot smoke)!!! He yelled.

I asked him "Mana boleh rokok?" (where can I smoke?). He said under the trees over there (way over there). "It's raining!" I got impatient.

"Ini sekolah!!!" He yelled again. This is a school, he meant it like it's a high school and acted like a mean headmaster. Ok. Since when APIIT is a school??!! I thought it was a college? or even a university?

I haven't been humiliated like this before. Luckily there were a few just one or two people nearby.

But on the other hand, I felt great. I got this youthful blood flowing into my brain. I was treated like a high school student! Oh, it felt so good. I missed the old days.

By the way, after the incident. I started to think of quitting smoke. Maybe it's time. It's year end now and I might as well call it a new year resolution. My very first new year resolution. Not that I'm perfect and don't need a new year resolution. It's just that I thought I could overcome anything quite easily. But this time it's different. I think I really got addiction. Oh gawd.

2 comments:

Va:L said...

Adrian, you promised yourself to stop smoking long time ago lol...
I don't trust you anymore! You proof it to me!

Shopaholicfern said...

quitting smoking is never easy..i think it's an addiction and a habit as well :-)