(Endless love, painted by Alfred Gockel)I have been to Penang yesterday for business trip, and see my aunt, 4 kor. Few things to share for this trip....
Subang Airport....
My flight was delayed for 2 hours! Damn it! I took Firefly. And seems like Malaysian are too used to the flight delay....nobody seems like have any big reaction or complain, including myself :P
It's good to go back Subang Airport, Terminal 3. It was one of the high traffic domestic airport. And yesterday, it's like a dead building.
When I knew 2 hours of delay at 7am, I asked, is there any restaurant? The operator was nice, he told me 2. So really, there are two, but they were not open until...not sure when. So I was doing blood donation to the hungry mosquitoes, at the dark place, where I could find table, and chair. So I can do some of my work instead of doing nothing.
The airport was then black out from 20 mins. Surprised me again!
2 Conversations between Mum and son/daughter
I was idle at the Subang Airport due to the delay. So of course, by not talking to someone, someone conversation attracted me to listen. It was like listen to radio station....:P
First conversation, I heard it in the ladies' washroom. The Malaysian parents who speak English to kids, I think they should speak proper English. Or else, the kids might learn the bad grammar, and sentence from parents. I found one big mistake that many Malaysian made. "you all, and your all". Can someone correct me if I were wrong. We use "you all", no such thing like "your all" for sentence like.....You all need to behave yourself, but not your all need to behave yourself right? Then those li li, laa laa, and ma can save it in the mouth. You don't have to end the sentence with it.
Second conversation that I heard, I found it pretty sad. I was sad for mum, and son. It's a conversation between an old age mum, who is about 60 years old, and son, who is about early 30s.
Son: Please do not say again the daughter in law is bad. She is just particular, she is not bad. (I guess the daughter in law is this son's wife).
Mum: She is bad.
Son: No, She is just particular, not bad.
Mum: oh...Particular...not bad??
(At first, I found the son is pretty bad, why talk to mum like that)
Then a lot of stories.....
Mum: I just told her the pork she bought wasn't fresh, don't cook it for the grandson. Then she is angry? I just try to be kind to tell her that. You know? Mummy is telling through experience. Next time shall I keep quiet?
Son: It's okay, leave it to her.
(Here you go, argument between mum, and wife)
more stories....
Mum: Their family cooking is sucks, how can I tell them, wow...your cooking is good?
Son: Then keep quiet, don't have to comment. Just keep quiet. What about the "Du Kah Chor"? It's so good.
Mum: Good? yooo......If it's good, I wont say it's good also. I will only say okay. I don't like to lie
(heheheh I think it's jealousy caused this mum to say things like that, this is always the problem of staying together with in-law)
Son: I know Penang peoples are more particular for food. We have higher expectation. But respect others, not to complain ok?
Mum: I was just telling the truth....papa also. Next time we keep quiet only ......We won't speak out then....including our shoes...you guys complaining about we simply leave our shoes at home. We just don't have space at the rack....
( I felt sad for mum that no right at all at son's place, and so "wai watt" to be at son's home)
We gotta be ready that, family will be expanded through the marriage of new couple at home. We can't live happily if the jealousy, say son no longer love me. He loves his wife, and wife's family. Son also need to balance love, must also remember parents!
Parents is someone who brought us up, educate us, and take care of us, no matter what situation, they won't leave us (for normal family).
Visit my 4 kor
I went to see 4 kor (my 4th aunt) after work. She is a cancer patient who has been fighting with the illness for more than 13 years. She has been doing many things to extend her life. Now, she has to give up the thought, because she is tiring.
She looks better than what I heard from my parents. She has a tumor near her brain that caused her some memory problems. She has short term memory lost, and she has had a lot of flash back memory replay back. She is now confusing with where she is all time.
I called her to tell her, I am going to visit her. She told me she might not be home, she is going Kopitiam for dinner. So I tried to get Uncle soon (4 kor's husband) mobile number to confirm. As I think not really possible. She was thinking of Kopitiam whole day yesterday. She told maid that just now she was at kopitiam, but many insect, she ran back home.
When I reached her place, Uncle Soon asked 4 kor whether recognize me. She said yes, Min-Hui, Kiat's eldest daughter. Well...actually Min-Hui, my name is given by 4 kor~!
Then later, she said...sometimes confuse, like go to many places, see the main door just so near. But actually she has been home whole day. I felt so sad when hear this. She thought she was at KL, my parents' home. She said...It's not comfortable (She complaint the bed before, we changed a new one for her next day when she came to my parents house) at Kiat's place. She wants to go home. Uncle Soon kept reminding her that, they are home. She got a bit angry, "Yes! I knew, you don't have to keep reminding me"
She was still humor, and looks good yesterday. I hope she will not have the pain.
2 comments:
Your all? Think they are trying to sound like British or Australian or something..
Fake accent.. I hate it. Suggest arrogance and act-up!
hehehheheheh......well.... I don't know. But sound like Kek "ng" ju Jor...
Post a Comment