Jan 25, 2008

11 days spent with Min Hui and Seng Beng

First of all Happy New Year to all of you. I have been away and I am still away and have no chance to spend time to write blogs. But I guess Min Hui has been mentioned bit by bit about whats happening with me.

Somewhere in Min Hui's blog I have mentioned that Min Hui and I were not close at all during our college time. We had limited knowledge of each other. During that time all I knew about her were the following things:

1) the girl who drives Vitara
2) she is rich
3) she lives in Cheras

Well, honestly thats all I know. I started to get to know her ABIT more was when we joined the singing competition at Sedaya College. We spent some nights training at " the house", we went for that singing competition, yeah we lost but we had great time. First time ever I sang infront of all strangers.

I started to get close with her .. ermm...really don't know when and how but surely through chatting after I migrated to Sydney. Days after days of our almost daily chat, I came across to realise that Min Hui is such a down to earth person to be with. She is a honest person and she does really treat you as a friend because she will trust you if she thinks you are a trustable friend.

When Min Hui decided to come to travel with me in Egypt I have no hesitate at all but just to open my arms to welcome her and wish her to have good time with us. I slept with her one night. Hahaha..all I worried was just how my son will HARRASS her during sleep. But she seemed alright with my son pulling her face and ears.

When Min Hui opened her luggage I was so impressed of her that small luggage can put so many things !!!! That moment I felt that she is somehow amazing. Then she pulled out her comestic bags..from big to small..then inside them there are many of these small little bottles of different creams or lotion or I dont know what are there that she has to put on her body parts. Again I was impressed. Then she started to tell me how much of this bag, how cheap it was, where she got it, how much is that cloth and how cheap. Hahaha..I was thinking...geee..another shopholic here!!

Another amazing thing about Min Hui -- Sleepy Head !! The evening she arrived airport she couldnt stop telling me how people slept at Dubai airport...EVERYWHERE at the airport. And I really "pui fuk" her that she could sleep for 6 hours in the airport ON THE FREAKING FLOOR !!! Shes been sleeping alot during the flight and transit so I thought she won't sleep that night she arrived Cairo. I was looking forward to have girls chat with her and we couldn't wait that Adam to fall asleep. And she goes "Alice I am ok not to sleep tonight because I slept so much, so just incase I fell asleep after Adam sleep, wake me up yeah". But guys..guess what...just after few minutes I heard snoring !!! Not from my son but Min Hui. I was like...what the?? she was quick and really sleepy head. I was thinking should I wake her up?? Maybe shes really tired and needed to sleep because sick? Maybe shes still sleepy even I wake her up?? I was thinking for about 10minutes at the same time to see if she will wake up. No She didn't so I went to sleep also.

Oh yeah she has a very cute night gown...ahahahah..I love it because its cute and my husband also like it. He asked why I never wear like that.

Min Hui also a slow eater but the way she eats seem really enjoying every bite. There was one time she was quick - at KFC after visited Museum. Its not only she was fast but everyone else was really quick because we were all damn hungry and the KFC was delicious. She also dare to try almost everything, good on you girl. But too bad she was sick and not really taste the food.

Riding the horse to the Pyramid - I thought she would dare enough to try the camel but she didn't. However she was really fine while riding the horse even inside her was feeling scare. But to me, I couldn't hold myself but just to scream to begging my husband to let me walk to Pyramid instead. That was my second time riding the horse. Perhaps its been awhile now and I still fear of it. I think I have screamed for almost 10minutes only settle MY SCREAMING. But inside me still feeling scare. Seng Beng was even brave, he requested to ride the horse by himself instead with the guide boy. And he requested of how to make the horse to run abit faster. I was like...Seng Beng..if you really want to run the horse please do it abit far from me. Don't "yeh" my horse. Afterall, it was all good and we had very nice dinner especially the fresh egyptian bread.

Min Hui and Adam - I do see Min Hui love Adam very much and Adam likes being around her also. Well yes for the first few days. After that I bet Min Hui started to feel annoying being around with Adam. Hahahahaa because he is truly an annoying monster !!! Don't worry Min Hui, its not only you feel that, EVERYONE feels that too. Remember Sam's nephew, Essam, who works at Sharm El Sheikh? He told Sam that he rather go to dive everyday instead of sitting with Adam. One day we went to Essam's family for dinner, Adam was playing and running around the tv unit, we told Essam's dad that Adam has broke our remote and tv. Essam's Dad straightaway to tell us please this is the last time to bring Adam to my home. My mother in law also asked Min Hui to take Adam back to Malaysia when shes going back.

Seng Beng - He is truly a good partner to travel with. The first time I met him was at the airport. My husband never saw him before at all but he just went straight to Seng Beng to ask if he is Seng Beng because really Cairo doesn't have many Chinese. And Sam spotted the right one at the departure hall.
First impression - always smiley face. Seng Beng is such an easy going guy. He knows many things too and he is a very informative person. A very very genuine and humble person. I like when he started to tell story like " long time ago some people said .......... " One thing that he said to us which really impressed me is that how you shouldn't make up your bed every morning. Just let it be the way it is. The theory he said isn't really convince me but impressed me.
One thing about Seng Beng is that he goes to bed right on time !! Hahahaha... if there is a chance I wish that we will travel again.

I would like to say thank you for both of you for the time being in Egypt. It was the most wonderful time I had in Egypt. I still miss the house that you guys rented. Everytime when I go to the area I missed you guys.

1 comment:

Va:L said...

Alice...whuahauhaha I love you so much. You wrote exactly what I wanted to say, but lazy to write haha....

You made me laugh on the way you describe me. I never realized some of it by myself. And I forgot about my Vitara already.

hm... I didn't feel annoying about Adam. I guess because there were kids at Sam's parents' unit, so he was a bit annoying, and tried to cry a lot. The rest of the time, he was okay.

Ooo....another time, in car to Sham-el Sheikh, he yong soi soi...
then all of the time I love him so much. haha....


Anyway, really thank you that taking care of us during our trip...