Let me share with you some of my pictures and short stories.
This is a trip that I went with my friends, Alice, her husband Sam, her son Adam, and my senior Seng Beng. And we also went to Sham-el Sheikh with Ahmed (Sam's best friend) and his wife, Basmah as well.
Cairo
Ahmed Zaki, this is where Sam's family stay. They have the whole building, and the lower ground is their office.
We went Giza on the third day of my trip. That's where Pyramid located. We ride horse to go in. Most of the tourist take buses into the Pyramid.
You might think, why not camel? It's too tall. Not for me! :P This is my first time riding a horse.
There are eight pyramids in Giza. We stopped at the smallest Pyramid, as the big one, we are not able to take picture of the whole thing.
This is the funny picture that we found out, we capture Seng beng in the picture too. This is not in purpose.
This is Osman. The boy that take care of my horse.
Arh....... Pyramid? It's just on my finger tips.
Behind me? Adam is changing his diapers.
After the pyramid, we had our dinner at this restaurant... they use traditional oven to bake bread and roast chicken! They cook at the entrance of the restaurant.
This is where to the dining place...
The interior of that restaurant...
We went to the "cheapest market" in Cairo. This is at the Hussein street (If I am not mistaken). We picked 8 pieces of souvenirs, they charged RM 800++. VERY EXPENSIVE!
Same place...
We went to the cafe that famous as Cairo to feel the feeling at cafe (like our mamak). The feeling is good, Mamak Feel, Restaurant price. We had this rice pudding, which made by rice, and soak it into yogurt. It's.....not nice hehe
We went for cruise at the next state. I couldn't name it anymore. Perhaps when Alice back to online, she could tell.
This is Egyptian Museum. The price for foreigner and local is a big gap. Local is EP 2, and foreigner is EP 50. And with student card, I enjoyed 50% off :P I have been using the same student ID for the past 10 years :) I also enjoyed 10% discount for my shopping at New Castle, UK two years ago!
Cute Adam...
Alice and I, at outside of the museum. We were not allowed to take picture inside the museum. I also entered The Royal Mummies Hall to see those Royal Family Mummies.
We went for dinner at 11.30pm to eat very good sausage in bun. Due to dine in is expensive, we eat outside of the restaurant, at the car. It's still expensive. I think.
We went for horse cart for city tour. It's dangerous :P as the horse cart go on the normal road!
We went to Ahmed's bike store. His dad opened a bike shop for him and his brother. And he also own a gift shop. Their life is like 60's China life style.
I asked for water at Ahmed's bike shop. I appreciated he gave me a glass of water to take my medicine. After I returning the glass to him, I then realised that, that's shared glass. Everyone use that glass for water. Ehmm..ehm....well...it's over.
This is the coffee stall that at the river bank. See how simple, and .....dirty?
We were in Cairo City!!!
We always wonder, why the road, and street are always busy? What are they doing? Are there many jobless peoples? Why they walk on the street all time? They drive very fast, and carefully, because every driver in Egypt is like F1 driver, when they see you crossing road, they will accelerate ...FASTER!!!
This is a night market near by Sam's house. This is basically little China. They are all selling Made in China stocks! and obviously, they bought over priced items.
We also bought some fresh juice to drink there, and Alice was lucky to get a foreign object in the pack.....a white colour of worm! YIACKSSSSS
We also visited Mohamad Ali Mosque, which also called Citadel of Salah al-Din. Again, I enjoyed student price here too! hehe....
Inside the mosque....
Cairo City behind me....Busy busy city
Here is another cruise we took at Nile River, at the Cairo City. Suppose we wanted to take those very big cruise, but due to no reservation has been made, we can't go anymore. And that's the last day at Cairo, we then take this small boat to tour Nile River at the night time. Very cold...
Lucky me with thick winter jacket.
Sham-El Sheikh
We went to Sham-el Sheikh, with 6 hours driving distance from Cairo. The way to Sham-el Sheikh was very nice desert. And a lot of dinosaur (some grass grow with distance) to keep Adam stay...Sham-el Sheikh is a place, where can see beautiful beach. Many European traveled there, and we didn't really see many Egyptian there for living. Just small population there to work at the tourist spots. And basically the whole place is for tourist. There are many top's hotels.
We were happy that three of us out from apartment only. Alice, Seng beng and I. It's more relax...hehe
We were at outside of our apartment
When we cross road, I found this....at the middle of the road....Why? So many cigarette buds?
In front of our apartment...The lady with tudung is Basmah, Behind her was me, then Alice, Sam, then Ahmed. The kid is Adam.
Alice and me ...posing....
nice apartment?
This is the busy street at Sham-El Sheikh. We had our both nights dinner there....Nice restaurant....
The New Year Eve, Seng Beng and I walked at the busy street. Others didn't join because Alice need to take care of Adam, Sam and Ahmed need to nap in order to drive later. And Basmah prefer to stay back.
Forgot which hotel...
The Street....again...
This is XXX Beach....sorry, not really know where were we...
My first time trying Shi Sha....I almost cannot breath...
Dubai....
It's almost end of the trip. We transit at Dubai as said. I don't like this artificial place. Everything is fake, they are puzzled by money.
This city is full with foreigner, not the local peoples. A lot of peoples from India, Sri Langka, Pakistan, Chinese, Philipines, and Africa. And guess what, in the shopping mall, some of the shops played Indian song. "What a nice environment"...
Dubai Museum....Slightly better than Malaysia one, which see Baju Kebaya, Sari, and Cheong Sum. There is one thing that attracted us. One of the display in the museum, it used lighting to change the outer and interior of the tomb.
This is the river where Dubai city people use to travel to the opposite river bank.
This is the boat that we pay Durham 1 to go over opposite bank. The are a lot of boats , which no waiting time.
We then walked to the museum, this is not the real Camel. I do not dare to take picture with camel ehh....
View from the river...
This is the famous hotel...Burj Al Arab Hotel. The restaurant on the top floor can see the view of Dubai while the lowest floor of restaurant can see underwater aquarium.
This is beach of Jumeirah. It's nice. But we don't have time to be there. We were on the bus.
We reached Souk Madinat, Jumeirah. Souk means market. Again, this is man-made market. Nice fake view, but if there is choice, I wanna go for historical place. I felt like I was at Sunway pyramid.
At the restaurant that we had our lunch. Japango. Really expensive food.
In the souk ...
Inside the souk...
Another building I found quite special. It looks like Palm Tree....
We also went to the biggest shopping mall, The Mall of Emirates. There is an indoor ski. Well, Again, man-made. Sien...
I went off second day, lucky that I were there for a day only....Seng Beng had another day for transit....he was suffering :P
I'll write later to share my comments for the trip...
** P/S: You may see, my face grow round!!! Shit!!! There is different from day 1 to day 14th**
More pics available later, after I exchange with my friends...We are all in different countries, it takes time...
13 comments:
Nice to see you back, Miss u so much... eh, how do u feel when u saw the pyramid, amaze? O, it's 1 of my dream place too!! How about the mummy?
Welcome back! Seems like you've had so much fun. Envy oh! But I confused... issit very cold or very hot at the desert? Sometimes you wear like winter, and sometimes you wear like summer.
hehe...I wasn't so enjoy, because I was very sick. I can't even breath. I cant taste anything for 9 days there!
Well....It's cold, not hot. It's fall and entering winter.
But in the afternoon, it's okay. That's for Cairo.
Sham-el Sheikh and Dubai is warm. It's okay without any thick jacket.
Especially Dubai. It's still a bit cold at Sham-eh Sheikh during night time.
Ah Nam...the pyramid is nice to view...from far! near, then you see sand and stones, and a lot of camel and horse shits :P
Anyway, you still need to plan a trip to see it. However, if there is a chance, Alice will not go back anymore. haha...
hahaha..min hui, i cant wait to put your trip on blog. Anyway...the name of the place that was an hour away from cairo where we went for boat called "Annadel" something like that..Mamdouh just told me. Min hui you should write a blog about the journey from Sharm Sheikh to Cairo...how dangerous..and also the toilets !! how amazing..hahaha
We missed u here so much especially Adam because he believes you that sometimes u go to work, sometimes u go to city by train and sometimes you go to McDonald. Once he said u have gone to Malaysia with aeroplane.
And yes I MAY NOT come to egypt anymore..sien already..even if i really come..i told sam already maximum 2 weeks plus 4 days in sharm el sheikh..thats all I can do. Anyway I really do enjoy travelling with Min Hui and the Crazy Seng Beng !!
hehe Alice!!!! I will blog that then...hehe... But...the problem of how dangerous was the trip to Sham-el Sheikh....I wasn't really sure...
Did you see I pretend to close my eyes? I was actually closing my eyes. I was sleeping hehe... I didn't see...
I just remember how bad Ahmed was, driving so damn fast, and Sam gotta follow him...
I put in the previous comment before I came to work, was in rush...
Actually I miss Adam a lot also. He is the most active, naughty, and smart kid that I ever met.
hm...Well, he might forget me soon...I didn't dare to hug him say good bye when in Cairo Airport ler... See him crying in the car, I have to go fast, or else, I might cry too...
hehe he said I went to work, Mc. Donald, go to city by train, and back to Malaysia, or you tell him?
ooooo before I forget, How is Adam after his operation? Is he okay?
Hope everything is alright to him...
Honetly the first couple hours of journey from sharm to cairo was SCARY !!! u know its all mountains at both sides of the road, its sooooooooooooo narrow and its all dark !!! I was damn sleepy but I couldnt close my eyes for a second. I needed to help Sam to look for the road and thank god we all safe !!!
I didnt tell Adam about those things of you. Everytime I asked him where is Min Hui jie jie? he just answered me with those answers. THere was once he said "Min Hui go aeroplane to Malaysia" !! I was so surprise he said that because normally he said you go to work or buy McDonald or to the city.
Adam cried really sad when he saw you guys going..he was so desperated to get out of the car..sorry we were in the hurry and the police would not allow us to stop so long so i just didnt remember to take adam out for you to kiss good bye. We still look at our photos time to time and Adam can name you..so I dont think its easy for him to forget someone. His memory is good.
Adam is fine now but he now abit scare to wear nappy and because he knows we will spray the antibiotics...so he just felt scare instead of actually feeling pain. But thank god it wasnt that bad as I imagined.
well...I remembered when we just out from Sham, there was a car stopped at the road side, which Sam didn't see.
I really miss you guys! By the way, we have hit target, and company will send us Australia as promised. And some peoples suggested Sydney, I didn't reject that, although I have been there. So I can meet you guys. If there is chance, I will stay a few days more to be with you all.
I have Adam pic in my MSN again :P Tell him I miss him too... Well lucky we didn't hug good bye also... I will really cry, coz he cried so sadly...
Well, see you guys....perhaps in April....Muackssss.....
Waoo Min Hui what a good news for me that you guys have hit the target and may come to Australia. Really wish that you will come to Sydney..as I promised I will cook for you for real and stay with me.
You can sleep with Adam again..hhahaha...he will have his own room and hopefully by the time he will sleep on his own without coming to me and pinch my ears and nose..guess what he started to pinch my nose now...we been sleeping alot lately...nearly 12 hours everyday...Adam surely at least 10 hours... we wake up almost 2pm everyday. How nice !!!
haha... yeah! Thank you first. I will definitely stay few days more if there is chance. See you in Sydney lol hehe...can't wait!
What a long post. Nice story and nice pictures, nonetheless...
thanks :P This blog is also my diary to keep my little stories for my memories, that's why
Post a Comment