Jan 5, 2008

Shopping Frustration

Min Hui were right. Some people just don't go the extra mile.

We were at some shopping malls to shop for a laptop bag. Please see the conversation below and see what kind of shop attendants that you want to talk to:

We: Excuse me. Do you have this bag but in different colour?
Shop Attendant A: No.
We: You don't have it in your stock room? (hinting him to find it)
Shop Attendant A: No. Don't have anymore. These are what we have.

* * *

We: Excuse me. This laptop bag is too small for my laptop. Do you have the same design but is slightly bigger size.
Shop Attendant B: Sorry, this design only come in this size... But for that size we have another design which just came in last week. Let me show you.
We: I see. (Checking the laptop bag) Not sure if this one fits. I have my laptop with me now. Can we try?
Shop Attendant B: Sure. Most important thing is it fits.
We: Yeah it fits. But we would like to shop for a few more to explore our options. Thank you.
Shop Attendant B: You're very welcome. (smile)

1 comment:

Va:L said...

Adrian, finally I found a lap top sleeve. I bought it, and I use the leather bag that I bought long time ago to fit my lap top.

If you were the retailer, remember to train your staff, alway get them to offer alternatives to the customer. Not just answer a short one "no". It's business opportunity. I am the customer that easily walk away with this kind of sucks service. Service is very important to keep customers to come back to the shop!