Jan 14, 2008

Cleanliness of Egypt

This is a special request from Alice. She requested me to write how dirty Egypt is...hehe...
Well well... Before I visited Egypt, I was warned by Alice. However, I didn't believe it. May be simply because of I was overwhelming by the my dream's pyramid.

Alice emailed me, remind me to bring wet tissue. She told me, I will need it during the trip. Things are dirty.

First two days when I was in Cairo, Alice told me her father-in-law, and mother-in-law always ask Sam. "where is your wife?", Sam always has the same answer, "She is cleaning the unit (the floor that owned by Sam, where Alice stay in Cairo). The in-law felt very strange and asked the son "Why your wife clean the unit everyday?"

Alice even brush the floor, and toilet, and vacuum very often. She uses a lot of toilet paper to clean the toilet bowl before using it. Well, to remind, the unit is belong to them. So no outsider is using the toilet. However, whenever she wants to use it, she still clean it a few times.

It's simply because the place in Cairo is too dusty!

My finger nails was coated with black colour, and no matter I cut, I clean, and I wash, I couldn't remove it away. My finger nails were clean on the second minutes I cut it when I arrived my home in KL. It's really difficult to keep the hand clean. Don't ask me why...


I have no comment on the food cleanliness, as I didn't see how they cook or wash the dish.

The worst case about cleanliness was the toilet. When we were on the way to Sham-el Sheikh, we need to stop for output definitely. It was 6 hours driving trip!

So there was once, the toilet was very dirty. I saw left-over shit in the toilet bowl. I covered the shit with tissue paper, and I told Alice, it's safe to go in. And when everybody was back into car, they asked, did you guys see shit on the wall? Goshh...KNN....I luckily didn't see it.

As usual, I need to go washroom again at second stop. There is no rest house along highway, therefore it was difficult to find toilet. We found petrol station to go for toilet. This toilet were locked by the petrol station cashier. When I went in to check it out, I almost puke. The toilet were very very extremely dirty!!!!! I have never seen such a dirty place. You can "see", "smell", and "touch" the kanasai toilet. I decided not to use the toilet bowl, which full with the multiple non-flushed output. I wonder what did they eat. Why it was so smelly, and so disgusting. When the moment I was out from the toilet, Alice checked with me the toilet situation, whether okay to use. Well, the moment I wanted to reply her, I wanted to vomit. It's really disgusting, and I couldn't explain to her. I asked her not to use, as she couldn't even accept the first one.(This is the picture I could find from internet, which is similar to what I saw. Well, I couldn't take a single breath and wanted to die there. I couldn't take the real situation for you. This picture is much better than what I saw)

Until today, whenever I wanted to talk about this toilet, I can still visualize the toilet very clearly in my mind. And I feel that I am very lucky to be in Malaysia, as the public toilets here are not as bad as in Egypt. My complaints about Malaysia toilets have to keep it back for temporarily.

2 comments:

QQAlice said...

If this photo of the toilet is more clean than the one that I DIDNT GO..then I would love to THANK GOD..I guess I might faint inside. I never breath at all in any public toilet..even to the toilet in my unit here Egypt.
I still very pui fook you can still tahan to go in..i rather hold my wee wee.

Va:L said...

Hey...it's not if! The toilet I asked you not to go, is really much much much more dirty than the one I posted here. I was so disgusting. There were two of them. Both of them also same level of dirtiness.

That's why when you asked me the situation, I couldn't answer you, but "urrrghhh urgghhhhh".

I asked Sam if I could settle on floor, he said do whatever I feel better. So I settled on the floor, which I think is the best place. That time I really couldn't hold my wee wee jor!!!! Boh Bien