I skipped work today. Emergency leave. Felt useless. Blamed myself for laziness.
But I thought about a few things today. Maybe I can share with you all.
A university friend came back from Toronto to visit us today. She told us she's happy with the job. Good pay. Daily 9-5. Go home on time. The western work culture (Canadian, at least) is that nobody shall stay overtime. Otherwise you make your colleagues look bad. Because everybody wants to enjoy life, and they view hardworking colleagues who work overtime as losers. I admire this culture. Why this culture does not exist in Asia (Malaysia, at least)?
- - - - -
Was insulted by a Body Jam instructor at FF cheras leisure mall. There were only two male students in the class. During one of the track we were split into two groups. When it's our turn to perform, he shouted "Look at them dance!..... and muntah (Vomit)!". I felt offended but I wasn't angry. Somehow I felt the remark was pun intended and it is directed towards me. Am I over sensitive?
- - - - -
I think I'm really getting old. Friday night played Nintendo Wii with MH & friends. Slept at 5am. Saturday, gathering at friend's place (university mate reunion). Slept late too. Sunday went to Gym (self-inflict tiredness) and went out dinner. As a result, extreme fatigue on Monday and have to call in office to take leave. Really felt old. (Cantonese: Low 9 Jor).
Another sign of aging. I suddenly like staying at home a lot. I suddenly can accept myself sitting at home all day. Play with the dog. Clean the house. Clean the aquarium. Cooking. Gosh. Must do clubbing next week.
- - - - -
8 - Cantonese word for being busybody, nosy, put fingers on other's business. 8, nowadays does not require you to go out from the house, interact or talk with other people. Just start an internet forum for your neighborhood. Like my residential area. They have all sorts of heat-up discussions there. Complaint. Gossips. Who and What. Like recently, there was a burning car incident. Speculation really went wild. Like a rich girl having affair with a married guy. Their love nest is here in this building. Wife found out. She came and looked for her husband. After she failed to do so, she furiously burnt the car. The car was a gift from the rich girl to the married guy. Damn drama. At the same time entertaining. So start a forum for your neighborhood now. Warning: the gossip may end up at your doorstep.
4 comments:
I really wish Malaysia got such a culture to see hardworking colleagues as LOOSER!!! THEY ARE LOOSER!!! THEY DESTROYED OUR LIFE STYLE@!!!
I agreed that you low 9 jor. You are doing what you need to do at your age. You accept the fact that...you are.... THIRTY! CONGRATULATION!!! Take it easy, and perform your best, with the best quality for 30s.
And I like the way your neighbour 8. It's so advance! Yeah, like what you said, it's good to start the gossip forum for your neighbourhood. I dare not do so hehe...really it might end up at my doorstep. The one, who keep the very low profile always...
I foresee, I will receive a discussion that, is #28 a party house? Is anybody staying in that house? Why it's always dark? What happen to that girl? She has been missing for days/ weeks (coz I always travel, and my neigbour always thought I do not go home. I do! I go home whenever I am in KL!)
Adrian, you forgot to blog about the golfing experience!
yeah la... anyway #28 is a party place... i mean, it's good or what?
it's good....I am totally ok with it.
Post a Comment