Today just bought the November issue of Men's Health. I find that the article from the editor is very motivating. So I wanna share with you all. It can also be applied to ladies... I have highlighted some in bold which I totally agree with the author's idea.
If I allowed myself the time to think negatively about the state of my life, I would invariably find myself in the realm of dissatisfaction. As we get older, there seems to be more balls in the air than our ability to juggle them. Work, finances, work, relationships and work - any (or a combination) of these have the capacity to completely overwhelm us and bring us down. And the cause for all this anxiety and misery can be zeroed in one thing: negativity.
One of the most common place to find negativity is at work. We get it thrown at our faces from all corners of our little cubicle. And at our jobs being in contact with negativity can cost us our careers. This is how it usually happens.
- Your immediate boss yells at you in front of colleagues about your incompetence and ignores your explanations.
- Now you are fearful of making mistakes and get jittery in everything that you do.
- You get stressed out.
- You make more mistakes as you get more freaked out and fearful. You begin to doubt yourself.
- You feel de-motivated.
- You begin to think that you are really incompetent.
- You quit the job.
Negativity in its most potent form can incapacitate anyone. And it makes us think badly about ourselves, which is the worst thing to ever happen to anyone.
In any job there will always be people who will try to bring us down, how else will they look good and showoff their superiority? It is horrible, unfortunate, and completely unavoidable.
Perhaps we need to borrow the mantra from the movie Evan, Almighty. Self-affirmation. Just like Evan, we can look at ourselves in the mirror every morning and give ourselves a kind word or motivational pep talk. Say something like this, "Enough is enough, I will not tear myself down. Enough is enough, I will not let others affect my work." A reinforced healthy self-image may very well help us to stay the course and focus on building our career.
5 comments:
True. May be you would like to give yourself a smile at the mirror every morning. Or tell yourself, it's a good start today, by output the 1st sai in the morning.....leave what's bad from last night...and get a new start.
I totally agree with the article. But I am lucky that I never have such problem at work, however my life is a hektic also with many other things or people especially family affair. So when it is the end of the day I just want to shut my eyes and looking forward for the new day to start and to end. Daily rountin will EXACTLY the same but the only thing different is everyday I hope tomorrow will be a better day for me. To be strong to struggle what you are going through your life, I believe one day you will come out as a better person because you believe your ability.
I actually smile to the mirror everyday, and i feel great , i normally don't have time to greet myself a good start, too rush. But do enjoy posing in front of the big mirror most of the time i pass it, bian tai liao
hahahahha of coz...without passing it by yourself, how to meet peoples? I do the same thing. Until I satisfy, then I will walk out from the room. If not, I will keep changing.
If I was late that day, and no time to change again and again, I will have whole day in bad mood.
Post a Comment