Nov 8, 2007

Express Yourself

This is what I believe in. Everybody is sensitive to a certain extent. I don't believe in someone who can just get away and forget when they are not being treated nicely or getting hurt. They may smile, acting like they don't care. But they do. Believe me. If there is an opportunity where you can be at a disadvantage situation, they can put you in it, if you hurt them before, even unintentionally.

Yes some people do it well at concealing their anger. They smile as if nothing happens or as if he doesn't care. That's a denial of inner feelings. Unconsciously, they will pay you back certainly. They may not realize that they have done it. But hey, the unconsciousness is at work without you even knowing it. Unconsciousness is a very primitive power where it knows what's good or bad for you. This is an application of one of the Sigmund Freud's theory.

It's ok to show when you are upset. Although they may say that you are sensitive or in lay man term, "small gas", you're just an emotionally rich person. That doesn't make you sensitive. That makes you good at expressing your feelings.

They may also say that you are lack of E.Q. But come on, E.Q. is just a lame excuse for pretentious people who act like nothing has happened and stab you back whenever they got the chance. So, beware of those high E.Q. people.

So next time when you see me getting upset because of something you did or say to me, I'm not small gas. I'm just good at expressing my feelings. That's all.

Having said that, the first thing to avoid all these complicated situations are to just be nice to people. Don't hurt them. Don't just assume that they can take it with a smile.

4 comments:

QQAlice said...

The only way I express my anger when I can't hold on myself anymore is to throw things !!! ANYTHING !!! Regardless its expensive or nothing. The only person who makes me angry nowadays is my husband, I did hurt him alot by telling the truth about what I see of him in my eyes. But just because I am his wife I got to tell him my inner feeling about him and what I thought of him, I didn't mean to hurt him that way but just to let him realise what is the issue here? However, he just thought I always tried to make him angry and hurt his feeling. But in my own perspective I am just being honest to tell the truth. In chinese we said "pong goon jeh cing, dong gook jeh mei". I wonder, is expressing yourself a really good thing or sometimes we should just leave it with ourselves? From my point of view, being your family member, being your friend, being your loved one, I prefer to be true with u including my feelings because I care.

Va:L said...

hey not everyone can accept the truth. Some peoples do love lies. Lies make the life happier.... with blur blur...

A C said...

I can't. If I keep everything inside, maybe you can visit me either in Tanjung Rambutan or Nilai Memorial Park hahahahaha

QQAlice said...

Thats what I always tell my husband one day I will end up at tanjung rambutan. The biggest issue between me and my husband is communication. It is hard for me to explain why and how but its all in term of our different background, different languages, different styles, different thought and different management. Min hui I know some people can't take the true but Sam is my husband, the person I live the rest of my life with, he got to know as much as he can to assure what is going on between both of us. I must let him know what i am thinking and how I feel because he hardly understand things. He may understand your words, but he doesn't understand what you actually mean deep down in your heart. Just because I do care of my marriage life, thats why I have became such a "bad wife" but in a good way to try to make Sam understand things. Because to speak to him to make him understand you got to be very very true..no hidden words or meanings. I know he always think that I am so bad to say bad things about him but in my heart I told myself I wish one day you know why. My role in this family is not easy to be at all because no one knows how much I struggle and suffer to give the best to my boys.