I was thinking about this phrase while I was driving. The phrase at first seems to carry simple meaning. As I contemplate it, it is actually more profound than you think.
Tears signify something upsetting has happenned. It could be relationship break-ups, disappointments or depressions. But why would it dry on their own? Usually one will shed it with hands. This action either symbolizes the person is embarassed and not wanting other people to see their sadness, or, it could also mean that the person is trying to tell the other people that he/she was upset. By shedding tears, it shows.
Hence, when you let your tears dry on their own, you are not embarassed with your own true feelings. You thought that was normal and you can't care more - "Yeah I'm crying, so what? It doesn't mean that I will be sad for the rest of my life.". As they don't shed tears, they are trying to tell people that it's no big deal - "I do not need to reaffirm my sadness". "By the time the tears dry up, I'll be strong and ready to move on".
So when someone do hurt your feelings, be strong and let the tears dry on their own.
1 comment:
dry jor hahahahhaha i need eye drop....due to dry eyes disease ...haha
Post a Comment