Aug 4, 2007



I believe each city is unique. KL may not be as advance as other mega cities. But it's got elements that you can't find anywhere else. When I drove on its streets, the street lights are just as glittering as its lifestyle. The lifestyle can be very expensive, but it buys you happiness.
.
You can be as desolate and decadent as the city portrays sometimes, but life in this city is about loving each other. Some out-of-towners migrate to this city to earn a living and they can be very cautious about the people they deal with. This is what I call over-protective. They often accuse us,local city folks as cunning and labeled us as conmen. My colleague from another small city once said "City folks look hate-able". It's not right to think so. Most of us are very down-to-earth and easy going. We have everything here, relatives, parents, permanent place to stay and all the support we need, why do we need to cheat the most out of you?
.
Being a KL-ren, is to be highly tolerable person, and most important of all, respecting each other, regardless of their walks of life. Because KL life is vibrant, everybody has a diverse background and has different life stories. Gotta respect why they behave that way and what have made them as they are today.
.
On the other hand, these migrants are so over-protective that they have made fallacies seem true. When you believe it, you perceive it as a truth. You don't have much in this city. All you have is a job and a just-to-live life. Sometimes I thought they might become desperate, and commit all the wrong-doings. They have become black-hearted and start to hate everyone, especially city folks. That's where the accusation about us comes in.
.
Can you see the picture now? So if you want to get the most out of KL, try to love everybody. We do not want to cheat your money or bring you down because you are from an unimportant small town. In KL, you give your love and be happy. That's what you do.

6 comments:

Va:L said...

As a Penang-KL-lan, I couldn't deny that I love KL more than Penang. I enjoy to hang out with KL-Lan like Adrian, yourself. It's the best thing to know you in my life.

KL is a lovely place that I can find myself. The feel of freedom. Peoples that we know either colleagues or neighbor, they will not talk much to each other! It's so good! So not as much gossips as small town.

Try to stay here, you will like it.
Especially, traffic jam. I love it so much now. It's time for you to remember to contact your friend. It's time for you to enjoy the space for yourself, and to "kap chai" kekekekeke

QQAlice said...

I do miss KL alot. I had a great time there and I met alot of great friends there. This blog here makes me miss it even more and I started to think of my past alot. My most crazy time in KL. Adrian that photo brought me alot of memories, happy memories. By the way what camera did you use? I can see the twin tower so clear at the night scene !

Va:L said...

Alice...Based on my observation of the photo resolution, I think this is from Sony Ericson's mobile phone Cyber Shot 3 Mega Pixel. And I guess Adrian took this picture at the Ampang-Semenyih lookout point.

That's where you can have perfect KL view, with nice music and nice food! If they serve wine, that's even --- Best!!!

QQAlice said...

Min hui, can you please take me there? guess what, I might go back without Sam. He is not able to leave the job as the boss took a big contract of job..no one is allowed to have holiday.

Va:L said...

Sure. Alice, of course no problem bringing you around. Hey so are you coming back KL, and Egypt by yourself with Adam only??

Va:L said...

Adrian,

I didnt say i dont like this blog. don't be sensitive haha...please post the blog that you planned to post.