Aug 30, 2007

Innocent Lost

When you are bad luck you are really really bad luck. I have never had such bad experience in such a short time in my life.
Only this month I have totally lost nearly $1000 - like I mentioned - innocently.


Scenario 1 - My husband's job has to drive a truck to the work site to work. With his company there are many truck drivers as well and each will be working in different sites. One day the boss received a red camera penalty notice. The boss confronted my husband and another former of whos should that belong to. Base on the day and the time and the location, and the truck involved it shouldn't be my husband. It should be another former. However this guy because he got only 1 point left with his license. Definately no way he will admit it as he will be losing his license. Each penalty cost money plus deduct 3 points. The penalty is around $1000. with the arguement going on, that guy left the job and because my husband doesn't want to lose the job and he got good relationship with the boss, he shared the penalty with the boss, which we will pay $550.


Scenario 2 - I usually pay my son's childcare fee each Monday weekly. This Monday I paid as usually same procedure, there is a payment list from the centre for the parent and the staff memeber to sign when you make payments.
What happen is my son currently attending two different centres as he is now grown up and he has transfered to a bigger centre with bigger kids but only 3 days in a week. With this new centre I have never been told where is the tin that I should put the envelop in. I have started to pay in this centre more than 3 times and normally the Manager or the Supervisor took the envelop and we both sign on the list together to prove I have paid and they have received.
What happened on Monday was it always been a busy Monday morning the supervisor was busying cleaning a baby's bottom and she got rashes, and the mother kept on mumbling many many things non stop and kids are everywhere. She definately was busy but she managed to sign the list and she saw I got the envelop. But since her hands were busy so I showed her that I put the envelope together with the list which has a bulldog clip clipped together and it was placed on top of the money tin which I thought is a switch board because it is the same color as the wall and no sign to say that is the money tin !!!! I had to leave to work and she saw it and she said ok ok thats fine.
Wednesday the Manager called me to say that she was collecting money, but do not have my money in anywhere. I explained of what happened on Monday and the Supervisior was there as well while I was on the phone with the Manager, she knew she was busy and she admited she saw the envelope. Anyway the envelope is lost and I have to pay again unfortunately which will be another $300. I feel very bad not because I have to pay again it is because in childcare centre, you will never thought that someone will take it? Kids couldnt reach that height. Mum who dropping kids??? I couldnt imagine that. Staff memeber? If so, this lady shouldn't be working with children. I cross my fingers to wish that it was just misplaced somewhere. Legally speaking, I can argue with them because the Supervisor signed which means she received. It is not only my responsibility, it is hers as well. But by thinking of you sending your child to this place for them to take care and you seeing them everyday, the last thing you want is the awkward situation. I let it go just because we are generous people.

Within 3 weeks I have lost nearly $1000 for nothing. With this amount me and my husband can have a great weekend getaway or even go to Melbourne for 3 days instead. I hate the feeling of losing something for nothing !!!!!

No comments: