Today am on holiday (yay!). Went to da bao after I got up. After the satisfying breakfast, I smoke as usual (am really thinking to quit). Thinking of something to do while holiding a ciggie, I picked a book from the shelve to read - The Fifth Vial (What is a vial? Going to look it up online later).
I read the captions on the back cover. I discover an interesting phrase:
Did you see the word "Early Praise for..."? I'm wondering what it means. Does it mean the book initially get a lot of positive feedbacks when it was first out? And after that readers actually hated it after they have read it? Interesting...
I read a few pages but it's not a bad book. Am going to continue reading.
* * *
When I went to da bao just now, I had a little chat with the auntie who prepares the wantan noodles. She asked me whether I'm off today. I nodded and I replied "Yeah, gotta clear my leaves otherwise they would be forfeitted. It's near the end of the year anyway." She agrees and said "Yeah, now Hari Raya had just been over. Last time it was with Chinese New Year. By the way, what month is it in Western calendar now?"
"?" Hello, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. How can one not know what month it is now? The auntie must have been following lunar dates so strictly that she doesn't depend on the western calendar at all. I have to worship this auntie. She must have missed a lot of public holidays, poor auntie.
1 comment:
whuahahahahah I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!!
Then how can she settle her bill? say rental of the stall, or to record the gas payment date, charges and so on?
Is she really using the lunar dates?
Chor 1 ....1 tank of gas
20th..... pay rental
and suddenly forgot today's date...ask neighbor....neighbor is Indian....then she will be lost track of the dates....
Post a Comment