Oct 11, 2007

Funeral Financial Plan

What is funeral financial plan means to you? Take a moment to think before you read my blog.


I left my work earlier today and came home tried to sleep, but I had 3 calls which made me decided to wake up and watch some tv programs. One of the commercial was really new to me and it was the first time I watched this. It is about funeral financial plan. I thought this commercial is from a funeral centre that promoting their services are cheaper than other centres. But I was wrong.

In fact it was telling you that it is good now to save money for your funeral in the future. How?
The commercial listed all the services and goods that you will need for funeral, and they highlighted its professional services. The whole funeral including the casket is $6,000.00.

There was an old man speaking in the commercial and he has paying weekly to this funeral centre as little as just $19 per week or per month, i forgot. And he mentioned "with this financial planning I will not need to worry for my funeral because it is the last thing that you need to worry about in your life".

When I understood the commercial, I found it is abit ridiculous. It is like you are paying upfront for your funeral !!!! and every week when you make the payment you will thinking I am dying I am dying. On the other hand, it is a good financial planning to some people who don't have family to take care of their "business" when the time is up and they wish to have a better "settle".

We talk alot of financial planning, but to this kind of financial planning?? First time ever !

5 comments:

Va:L said...

hm....I thought insurance can help family to settle for funeral.

It's a good idea for those who didn't buy life insurance or not able to buy life insurance I think.

However, this is very new business idea.

Purple~MushRooM said...

Ya.. i heard funerals are darn expensive. Pity those poor family... kun choi also no money to buy.

Va:L said...

I thought those "bak gum" usually can cover the funeral expenses?

QQAlice said...

Well i have no idea at all because i never attended my grand parents' funeral because always oversea when it happened. It depends on the family background, if the family and extended families are rich, then the "bak gum" sure can be covered the cost of the funeral. But to those small and just an ordinary families, they may have financial problem to set up a funeral. Then there is a burial cost as well and to buil the cemetary. Some people always think and say " sei jor 1 liu 8 liu lor" but it seems not !

Va:L said...

True. Sei jor is 1 liu 8 liu for the dead person. But not for their family! If they still care about the dead person...