Oct 13, 2007

A Night @ Min Hui's

It's Hari Raya long weekend! Min Hui has decided to organize a potluck party to celebrate the Canadian thanksgiving, so to say. As usual, booze is a must. We laid them all out on the table. I guess there are always ready-stock at Min Hui's, which makes the best choice for a party place!

We start cooking at about 3pm. Guess what, we can't wait and have already started mixing our bailey-milky drink!

Then she started to roasting chicken and I started to mashed my potatoes. This is my first time making it! The result is... Tak Jadi (Can't make it)! hahaha. Apparently the potatoes weren't mashed enough and you can still bite the pieces. But it looks good. I also added in a secret ingredient into my mashed potatoes... Bailey! I didn't put in a lot so the taste of it wasn't strong. I saw her course mates' jaw dropped when we told them about that. They all have to agree that we are good drinker haha.



Min Hui's chicken also turned out to be bloody chicken. But after cutting it into few pieces and re-roast it. It has somehow turned into Ayamas grade, or maybe Kenny Roger's. Not bad hehe

After everything is done we setup the mood. We moved some soft lights from upstairs and trying to set it up as a chill out cafe. We also lit up candles and it does feel like satanist sanctuary.. hmm. Well no, of course, we don't do cults. I regretted that we didn't snap the pictures of her cafe-del-mar-wannabe. But it was a fun night! Everybody was chatting, socializing. We should have more of this from time to time. It's fun. But it also a strong reminder that we are getting more mature :P (yeah, duh, potluck party?)

3 comments:

Va:L said...

I love the lighting part very much. Thank you Adrian! Besides that, thank you for being DJ last night!

The night was great to meet some old friends, and new friends.

Purple~MushRooM said...

Hhahah.. seems like the food from tak jadi to jadi. Well done!

Va:L said...

actually not bad.....Adrian is trying to be humble...