Oct 17, 2007

Jiu ku ku Jiao

I read a blog from Purple mushroom about the shanghai language. "Jiu ku ku jiao" - means let me have a look. After I read the blog I tried to say that sentence to my collegue who is from Shanghai. She seemed not to understand..so I kept repeating until very obvious I was saying " ku ku jiao ! ku ku jiao !! ku ku jiao" !!!! I know whats the meaning of " ku ku jiao" as a Malaysian Chinese and I started to feel my face burning hot after continously saying it.

Then I had no choice but to tell her what I was trying to say. The she realised but the way she pronouced is not exactly sound like " ku ku jiao". But I still found it funny " let me ku ku jiao" !!!!

4 comments:

Va:L said...

Alice, I can't believe it that you are such a SHY mum... pls let me jui ku ku kiao you again...I forgot you jor....need to re-jiu ku ku jiao u...hehe

Purple~MushRooM said...

Hahahaaha.... I don't think it is pronounced like ku ku jiao. I never asked any Shanghainese friend before. Don't bother la. Hahah.

QQAlice said...

Well min hui, really i am not shy but really ages i never say this " ku ku jiao" already in my life and in fact i felt really bad about this words so I felt really embarras after kept repeating ku ku jiao because my mind was really thinking the " ku ku jiao" that I know. You dont need to ku ku jiao me laa...you ku ku jiao yourself laa !! hahahaha

Va:L said...

whuahahah u r ham sup lar... nowonder you blush... you have a "secret weapon" in ur mind!!!