Oct 15, 2007

Pay rise

As much as me and my collegue complaining to negatives of the company and our work, we never expect that we will have a pay rise but just always thinking to leave.

Today my collegue was again telling me that she is going to speak to the boss to inform him that her intention to leave the company. Just after that little meeting between them, my boss started to speak to everyone of us individually inside a board room. I knew what is he going to talk about because everyone wants to leave and no one will take care of his company if all of us left.

Surprisingly, he just wanted to tell us that he has increased of our salary commenced today. I couldn't believe my ears because as we know our boss is not such a generous person. Everyone knows that. Wihtout us asking for it, he has increased our salary !! How amazing. Second thing that really surprised me the rate that he increased is absolutely unbelievable. I got increased $220 per week !!! The rate per hour has been increased more than 50%.

My collegue and I sat down silently for a moment to realise what has just happened. She even used calculator to calculate what will be her annual income..and out of her expectation, it is above the salary award based on the government salary margin.

Now with this increase, it has really changed our mind to think AGAIN should we stay or leave? As to me I have advised my boss if I am going to stay I will be working part time and he suggested if I can work from home. That is what I always wanted to do and he has suggested it which make me even easier in my life.

Therefore today I am very happy. Today is a one year for me to work in this office and I got my surprise pay rise, so after dinner I took my husband and my son to a cake shop to have some treats and coffee to reward myself and everyone.

3 comments:

Purple~MushRooM said...

Wah.. congrats! Can work from home some more. The only way I can get a promotion is when I quit and find a new job.

Va:L said...

how nice! It's good for you. Will your boss let you off for months to go back home?

QQAlice said...

Thanks purple !! It is really a good opportunity for me as because i am going to have a long holiday and my second pregnancy is on its way..so when you get a new job it is hard to have leave from the starting. Now I get paid very good rate and the office is so near to my home and to my son's childcare, it is absolutely very convenient. Plus it is so flexible now we can off and take holiday because really he has no choice. He won't fire us. He already knew my reason to leave this company is because I am going holiday so I bet it wont be a problem at all when my trip is confirm.